Volunteers are vital to the work and mission of I CAN. Our volunteers are achieving wonderful things to help support children’s speech, language and communication. Some of the volunteers are getting practical information out to parents and practitioners, some are working directly with children at our schools and some are helping our events team arrange fantastic fundraising events amongst other things.
In order to ensure that we provide the best practices and best experiences for our valuable volunteers. I CAN have signed up to the London Volunteers Management Charter, which has been endorsed by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson. The Charter gives clear guidance as to what makes excellent volunteering experiences, and provides assurance for volunteers looking to get involved in organisations.
Volunteering at I CAN will give you:
A chance to try something new or add to your CV:
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Enhance your existing skills and knowledge
- Improve your employment prospects
- Use your existing skills to benefit others
An opportunity to:
- Be part of a team
- Give something back to an organisation that helps children
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Feel valued
- Have quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem